• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Review: Sprint's Body Glove protective cover for the Evo 4G

Upvote 0
This is the one thing I dont understand about cases.

Any hard case, whether rubberized or not, will scratch your device. I cannot stress this enough, but yet manufacturers still sell these types of cases. Why they do, I will never know.

What happens is that dust/dirt, gets trapped between the hard case and the device, then it goes to town and scratches up your device like sandpaper.

I would personally never buy any case unless the entire interior was lined with something soft, or if it was silicone. What I plan to do is, use a type of full body invisible shield, then buy whatever case that fits over top of that.

Seidio almost got it right by lining it with felt, the bad part is that its only the back, and not the entire device.

Upvote 0
little surface scratches from dust and dirt ... cmon it is still a phone ... as long as there are no deep scratches as if would happen if i dropped on the floor ... half the time people keep the phone in a case and u cant even enjoy the beauty of the phone ... i say people .. enjoy our phone and use it ... scratches from dust should not be a concern for u .. u will never be able to resell the phone for what u paid for it anyway ...

Reactions: taiguy
Upvote 0
Thanks alot for the early review. I might head into my sprint store to do some persuading lol, id hate for my evo to get all jacke dup before the official release date even hits lol. Might go for the white

Did they have the white one with the chrome trim? I was holding off buying a Seido to see if they were going to have it at launch.

Other then that how well did the 2 pieces fit together? I saw it's a little difficult to pry open, but I'm more worried about if there was any "wiggle room" between the pieces. I'm not sure if I like the way it fits together.

I just got back from a sprint store in my area. They had all the cases in stock, including the white one.

The White/Chrome case is not the same design as the one reviewed in this video. It's a one piece that slides onto the back of the phone. It does not have all around coverage like the black one. It's also not made by Body Glove.

I did buy it though, it's going on the girlfriend's phone.

Upvote 0
I just got back from a sprint store in my area. They had all the cases in stock, including the white one.

The White/Chrome case is not the same design as the one reviewed in this video. It's a one piece that slides onto the back of the phone. It does not have all around coverage like the black one. It's also not made by Body Glove.

I did buy it though, it's going on the girlfriend's phone.

Yeah I didn't think the white case provided as much protection so I opted for the black one

Upvote 0
Yikes! Looks like I need to go to a Sprint Store when they open... :D

Another question. do you think if I have a Zagg INVISIshield maximum coverage protector, would it fit the case?

I think you are in luck...I bought my husband the exact case today. Bought myself the silicone case -I tried the BG on my phone and I have a ghost armor skin installed. It not only fit but I love the case. I only wish it was one color...

I paid 18.74 for it...remember to get your 25% off premier members

Upvote 0
My fiance took a 35 min drive to pickup two of the charcoal body glove cases. She said they have white/chrome cases but the cases are not body glove brand & they feel cheap.

Btw, good luck to anyone waiting until Friday to buy a case at a Sprint store because there is a limited supply right now. The two local Sprint store (5 & 10 min drives) have no accessories & only a few phones, hence the reason she took a small trip this morning.

(My two EVO's are at RS right now. The wait is killing me)

Upvote 0
just gonna piggyback on this thread instead of making a new one.

first impression taking it out of the box is wow this thing is flimsy. quality is pretty low on this one.

i thought the back was like rubber/silicon or something but its just textured plastic and again pretty low quality and cheap looking. the front piece is very thin. i really dont know why i thought this would be a hardened plastic but you could probably squeeze the sides together with your thumb and middle finger (or it would just snap).

on the plus size the profile is pretty small so it doesnt add too much bulk and it probably will prevent minor knicks and scratches.

is the case supposed to snap closed without a phone inside of it? i dont have my phone yet but right now the case doesnt snap closed.

i really wish i hadnt seen the original posters review as it was the primary reason i got this case. i dont know what your expectations are of the case will be but i was utterly disappointed. the quality just isnt there for me. ill keep and use it because it cost me 20 bucks but once i feel ive gotten my moneys use out of it im definately moving on

to sum it up:
1.5/5

pros:
thin profile
looks ok

cons:
cheap plastic
flimsy

i hope it doesnt snap closed when i get my phone so that i can return it for being defective.

Upvote 0
You can order it from Sprint.com online except it's $24.95 + shipping + tax. In the Sprint stores it's $19.99 + tax.

Went to one of the sprint stores by me (Northwest Suburbs of Chicago) and they were selling for $24.99 on shelves.

HOWEVER... I was wearing a "Dead to Fall" t-shirt (local metal band) and the dude at the register said "Hey, you get the 20% DTF shirt discount!" So, it worked out in the end :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones