• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Revised] Rooting Gingerbread 2.3.5 Dummies Guide

Hey guys having a little trouble that I'm thinking could be linked to me rooting my phone but I'm not totally sure. Has anyone heard of their phone having a lot of trouble charging after they flashed a new ROM? I feel like the first quetion will be with my kernel but I can say that I have not changed that since rooting my phone. All I've done is flashed the mik ROM and downloaded some apps since rooting. This could be a problem that has nothing to do with the rooting but I'm just not sure and don't want to bring it into Sprint just for them to tell me my warranty is void and they wont replace anything. The phone is charging very briefly and then just stops charging after a little and the only way to get it to charge fully is after MANY MANY times unplugging it and replugging it in, which is so stressful at night when I have no idea whether or not it will stay charging or it will be dead when I wake up (if I wake up, since its also my alarm). Just wondering if anyone has heard of this linked with rooting at all since about 2-3 weeks after I did it is when it started

Upvote 0
Hey guys having a little trouble that I'm thinking could be linked to me rooting my phone but I'm not totally sure. Has anyone heard of their phone having a lot of trouble charging after they flashed a new ROM? I feel like the first quetion will be with my kernel but I can say that I have not changed that since rooting my phone. All I've done is flashed the mik ROM and downloaded some apps since rooting. This could be a problem that has nothing to do with the rooting but I'm just not sure and don't want to bring it into Sprint just for them to tell me my warranty is void and they wont replace anything. The phone is charging very briefly and then just stops charging after a little and the only way to get it to charge fully is after MANY MANY times unplugging it and replugging it in, which is so stressful at night when I have no idea whether or not it will stay charging or it will be dead when I wake up (if I wake up, since its also my alarm). Just wondering if anyone has heard of this linked with rooting at all since about 2-3 weeks after I did it is when it started
have you tried replacing the cable? or it might be your battery. you can try replacing it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones