1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Revolutionary on TBolt

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by chuey2482, Oct 20, 2011.

1. chuey2482

chuey2482 Newbie

Ran thru all steps to get Root.. when selected to Recover, my Tbolt rebooted as expected, still sitting on White HTC screen - 10 mins..

The CMD window with root status said "Success" Press Almost any Key to exit. I pressed any key and my computer blue screened.

Tbolt still sitting with white HTC screen..

Help?

Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

Your recovery has simply failed to start. Pull the battery and enter recovery thru hboot,or if you have a command window open type "adb reboot recovery"

chuey2482 likes this.
  3. chuey2482

chuey2482 Newbie

I haven't restarted the desktop so I'm still looking at the bluescreen..

Was afraid to pull battery but my gut tells me the process is complete. will pull battery now..

Ok. Phone restarted thru Revolutionary. And restarted my desktop.. Am I ok to follow the rest of the steps to gain Root?

4. ggangi

ggangi Well-Known Member

This works even after the 2.3.4 OTA?

5. chuey2482

chuey2482 Newbie

ok.. all is well. Pulled battery, recovery via hboot, Revolutionary screen came up, mounted SD, flashed su, system restart and confirmed root..

Thanks for the tip Scotty.

Re: OTA 2.3.4 - I will say yes, this process will work. I am 2.3.4 leaked.. not OTA. Am running Stock sense 2.1 w/ 2.11.605.3

But don't take it from me.. I'm a Noob. But I'm rooted..

6. ggangi

ggangi Well-Known Member

Do you have a link where I can download the windows drivers and the su file?

7. chuey2482

chuey2482 Newbie

I watched this video 2 times and followed the instructions as closely as I could. How to Root - HTC Thunderbolt (No Data Wipe! Newest & Fastest) - YouTube I think it would gone perfectly but my desktop bluescreened and stressed me a little.

Watch the video, couple of times if needed. There is also good information on the Revolutionary website with the drivers and other needed files. Link - Revolutionary

In the Youtube video description there is a SuperUser download that is needed. I hit the link and the GooInside me site was caught in a loop and wouldn't download the file. so I googled the file and downloaded from a different site.

Pay attention to the details, notice all of the disclaimers, you break it? your fault etc.

Good luck..

8. ggangi

ggangi Well-Known Member

ROOTED WOOHOO
    Now what LOL

9. WormDoes

WormDoes Android Expert

May I ask you a question? Please don't take this the wrong way, or that I'm picking on you. If you don't know what to do after rooting then why did you root in the first place?

Most people have one or two things they want to do once they've rooted. To root and not know what to do with it seems foolish

10. ggangi

ggangi Well-Known Member

I was being somewhat sarcastic. I want to get rid of the bloatware and then download one of the custom roms. Most likely BAMF for now.

WormDoes likes this.
  11. wallstreet123456

wallstreet123456 Well-Known Member

New to rooting so I wanted to ask a few questions before I tried this procedure.
    1. After I root do I need to use a custom Rom or is that optional? I just want to be able to remove bloatware and use WiFi.
    2. If phone breaks later on, will I still be able to get replacement with insurance coverage if I root it?
    3. can you restore back to original after you root if you wanted to?
    4. what happens with OTA updates once phone is rooted?

Steven

HTC Thunderbolt Forum

The HTC Thunderbolt release date was March 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 768GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1400mAh battery.

March 2011
Release Date
Reviews