1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Revue Media Streaming

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by MichaelR77, Dec 13, 2011.

1. MichaelR77

MichaelR77 Lurker
    None

Dec 13, 2011
    Hello all,

I just got the Revue and the update went through. So far I love it. However I am having a difficult time figuring out how to access my external hard drive. I have a EHD connected to my wireless router and I can see it and get into in on all other devices, laptop, desktop, and tablet. However I cant get full use of it on Google TV.

The logitech media player is finally seeing my hard drive but it is not seeing any folders or files. The GTV Box app is seeing the folders but not the files inside of them. I think some of that might be the format of the videos, currently I only have my .mod files in the folder on the EHD, but I cant see any jpg files. Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Advertisement

2. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    IT Administrator
    Northern Ky
    Access the drive from a PC and see what the permissions are for the external drive. You can set individual folders to be private/sharable

[right click the drive, go to security settings (or sharing, depending on OS) and set it to 'everyone' to see if that fixes it]

3. Randino

Randino Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 8, 2010
    Male
    North Carolina
    You could try plex, it is a GTV app and you install it on a PC for the server. Then you could add the hard drive to the Plex server.