1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Revue vs FV-1

Discussion in 'TV & Video' started by deanfarnaby, Jun 23, 2011.

1. deanfarnaby

deanfarnaby Member
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Hello all,

Just wanted to start a comparision between the Logitech Revue (Official Google-TV) and the Android FV-1 ("Android Set Top Box").

Firstly - Is there anything stopping me using a Logitech Revue in the UK, If I can get my hands on one?

Secondly - What is the difference , as far as I can see the Revue is 3.1 Which is nice. And can access the programme guide on your Freeview/Cable/Sky and search it, and display TV PictureINPicture while doing other tasks.

Is this the only difference? Well - essentially.

+ If I use the Revue in the UK. Can I still use search and PIP functionality if my freeview tuner is built into the TV?

Basically I'm not waiting for Google TV's uk release. So If I can use the Revue , I will. If not FV-1 will do for now.

Thanks

Deano

Advertisement

2. deanfarnaby

deanfarnaby Member
    None

Jun 21, 2011
    Update:

Done some reading on the Logitech forums .

For me it seemed the quick search box, (and Android 3.1) were the only, if not the main differences. Without quick search, You would have to switch inputs on your tele to watch "TV". And would therefore lose the Picture In Picture function. (If I am not mistaken).

As a result, I fail to see much of a difference and will probably go for a FV-1. Unless somebody can enlighten me further?

3. m11kkaa

m11kkaa Newbie
    None

Oct 6, 2011
    I think, the Revue has more power because it's based on a Intel-Atom-processor

4. bthoven

bthoven Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    I have Logitech Revue (stock Android 2.1) and another Android TV Box (Rockchip/Gingerbread). Apart from the TV input, the main difference is Revue can output FullHD video movies beautifully, though no sound for DTS. Youtube HD, Vimeo HD, Revision3 HD, CNet HD, etc.. all displays in 720p effortlessly.

Display output from Revue looks crisp and clearer than my Android Box.

(I'm in Bangkok, Thailand).

5. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    IT Administrator
    Northern Ky
    On my revue 720 youtube vids look incredible. Was watching some trailers last night