1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Tips Rezound $49.99 @ Costco.com !!! Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ShanDroyd, Nov 24, 2011.

1. ShanDroyd

ShanDroyd Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 11, 2011
    Male
    transportation
    :D Happy Thanksgiving!!! Costco.com has the Rezound for new or upgrades at only $49.99 only on Thanksgiving day, and Black Friday!!! I hope we have it in store on Black Friday too!!! as of right now if you buy in store it will only be home delivery, and as of closing Wenesday night it was not yet available. This is the best deal I have found anywhere. You still get the Beats Headphones, and the usual Costco bundle of car-charger, crappy case, and crappy screen guard. Check it out!!!

And I am thankful for Costco not doing midnight or 5am door busters, at the expense of their employees:eek:

UPDATE!!! the Rezound is not available to purchase in store yet, as of Black Friday morning :(
    You will have to purchase it online for now.

FYI: the in-store price may be different once it's available.

Advertisement

2. backdoc77

backdoc77 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 23, 2010
    wow, thanks, nice find. Now if I could only get to keep my unlimited plan for this deal. If I choose the "upgrade phone and keep plan option" my current unlimited plan is not avail :(
    Do you guys think the Verizon store will price match this?

3. tonestert

tonestert Member
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    Wow this makes me want to return my phone to BB and open an account at Costco and get the phone there. I'd still save over $100.00. The only thing is the closest Costco is an hour away so I would not be able to shop at the store much.

4. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    Isn't the Amazon price of .01 still better? Has anyone with an expired Verizon contract tried to buy from Amazon.com?

5. tonestert

tonestert Member
    None

Nov 16, 2009
    Isn't the .01 is for new accounts only ?

6. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None

That's what I'm asking myself. I wonder if anyone with an expired Verizon contract has tried. My parents have 3-4 lines on their account where the 2 year contract has expired. Technically they can cancel their service to that phone and get a new account. I'm curious how that would work though.

7. wsettle

wsettle Member
    None

Nov 19, 2011
    Not sure if this applies but I bought a Verizon 4G modem back in Sept and created my first ever Verizon account. I realized that a hotspot that could not make calls was worthless to me so I returned it and canceled my contract. It took until Nov 18th to get the final bill complete and pay for any services I used with it. Even tough the phone number associated with the modem was canceled, I still had an account with Verizon with no number under it.

On Monday, I was able to order a Rezound with the $.01 deal as a new customer. The web process told me that they could not verify automatically that I as eligible but they would check an email me. They never emailed me but I got the phone two days later without a hitch.

8. ShanDroyd

None

Jun 11, 2011
    Male
    transportation
    you can literally buy a Costco membership, by anything in the store, and as you're walking out the door you can return your membership for a full refund.

And yes, the .01 cent deal is only for brand new customers, no upgrades.

9. ShanDroyd

None

Jun 11, 2011
    Male
    transportation

When ever we upgrade any existing customer with unlimited data, they are always able to keep it even if they are going to 4G, even if it's a home delivery phone. Otherwise, if you purchase a VZW 4G device by Xmas, you will automatically get 4gigs for the price of 2gigs for the life of your contract. Seriously, how often do you really go over 2gigs, let a alone 4 Gigs? My VZW Rep has even told me that eventually everyone will be taken off the unlimited plan...

10. rafier

rafier Well-Known Member
    None

Aug 7, 2010
    Wild West
    I just got off of the phone with customer service.

They said if you choose the option to keep your current plan, it will override the choice you make. If you have unlimited, it will remain unlimited.

If it changes on your account for any reason, give customer service a call and they will correct it back to unlimited. :):):)

anbageorge likes this.
  11. civicsisedan

civicsisedan Android Expert
    None

Apr 26, 2010
    Army
    Maryland
    I've had the rezound for a week and have 21 total day on billing cycle and am at 3.3 GB

12. Junetastic

Junetastic Lurker
    None

Jun 21, 2010
    Long Beach, CA
    Great find! Is this deal available in-store also? Also, we have a line that qualifies for an upgrade, but would I be able to use that line's eligibility to purchase the phone but activate it on a different line? This usually works at Verizon stores, but I haven't dealt with Costco's wireless services.

Thanks.

13. ShanDroyd

None

Jun 11, 2011
    Male
    transportation

Dude, you've either gotta be tethering, or constantly streaming movies, or have Pandora on 24/7, Keep in mind the average user may hit 1Gb on a high month.

14. Renton777

Renton777 Lurker
    None

Nov 18, 2011
    Fairview Park, OH
    Ugh, I just bought it at Verizon this week. Will I be able to return it tomorrow to Verizon and negate the new contract I just signed, and then order the phone from costco with a new contract? My concern is will the contract reset fast enough to allow me to purchase it from Costco tomorrow?

soccermom17540 likes this.
  15. Helenoftroy08

Helenoftroy08 Android Enthusiast
    None

Dec 30, 2009
    I'm curious bcuz ive never bought from an indirect store b4...these aren't refurbished rite? I called Verizon to c abt a price match and they asked were they refurbished. And thanks for the info!

16. anbageorge

anbageorge Newbie
    None

Jan 15, 2010
    Quality Assurance Engineer
    Seattle, Wa
    This is by far the best deal available if you're upgrading. Nothing comes close AFAIK (Walmart has it for $219).

Of course, for new contracts, Amazon is still the best with $0.01 for all smartphones.

I just wanted to verify again that if you purchase on Costco.com you can still keep your unlimited data plan even though they force you to select one of the current data plans when purchasing. I'd hate to lose my grandfathered unlimited plan. Has anybody actually went thru the upgrade *and* verified that their unlimited plan was unchanged?

How long did it take for you to get the phone (it ships from Wireless Advocates)?

17. BlueBiker

BlueBiker Android Expert
    None

Jan 16, 2010
    Male
    New England
    This looks like a killer deal. I'm another longtime Nexus fan seriously considering jumping on Rezound today. Thanks for finding it!

18. ShortRound45

ShortRound45 Lurker
    None

Nov 11, 2011
    There are stipulations...among them you have to be at least 22 months into your service contract. I am early upgrade eligable with Verizon.

I am on hold now with vendor to see what can be done (30 minutes on hold so far).

I too was (am?) waiting for the Nexus, but am pretty sure I'll never see the Nexus discounted to $49.99.

19. soccermom17540

None

Nov 14, 2011
    Asst. Controller
    PA
    Me too . . . totally negates the loyalty money I had if I could get this at $49.99!!!

20. Puchkey

Puchkey Well-Known Member
    None

Nov 16, 2011
    car sales
    Bowling Green Ohio
    Please refresh me on costco's return policy regarding purchase is made online like this 1.
    Also I'm elgible for a 50 dollar new every 2 credit to verizon. Would that mean that I can buy this phone to costco for free?

21. ShanDroyd

None

Jun 11, 2011
    Male
    transportation

you will have to return the phone to the Verizon you purchased it at, and have them reset the contract eligibility. you must reactivate your old phone or you will lose your phone number. Then go elsewhere once you are sure you are able to upgrade again, and start all over. if it was a new line, you need to find a way to retain your phone number if it's important to you.

22. soccermom17540

None

Nov 14, 2011
    Asst. Controller
    PA
    I can answer the second part - a verizon rep told me to get my new every 2 I had to buy through verizon. However, $49 is much less that $249...

23. ShanDroyd

None

Jun 11, 2011
    Male
    transportation
    :eek: ARRRRRGGGGG!!!! I am so sick of hearing people claiming Costco sells refurbished phones!!! It's a absolute lie!!!! It was created by some idiot who couldn't compete on prices!!! Also, please explain how a store can get their hands on refurbished phones day 1 of it's launching???

soccermom17540 likes this.
  24. ShanDroyd

None

Jun 11, 2011
    Male
    transportation

"new every 2" $$credits are only from Corporate Verizon stores/online. ie: best buy, radioshack, walmart, costco will not honor it.

25. ShanDroyd

None

Jun 11, 2011
    Male
    transportation

Honestly, it really depends on the Wireless Manager. Official policy for any exchange is 14days on VZW, 30 days on AT@T or T-mobile. Costco offers a 90-day RETURN policy, but if you are out of the 14/30 day window, you are stuck in a contract with no phone...

We have honored exchanges up to 30 days if they are getting a more expensive phone, adding data, etc. or if they go to Costco's GM and throw a fit, But Please do not do that!!! Try to negotiate with the wireless manager instead.

Tags: