• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Rezound boots into recovery unknown error

My HTC Rezound randomly keeps rebooting into recovery mode giving me some sort of error message it's trying to install an update package by getitnowmarketing. I have already cleared out both caches but it still does this at least twice a day. I am rooted running 2.3.4 stock gingerbread rom. To note this just started happening yesterday. Should I do a factory wipe and restore my apps and system data via Titanium Backup Pro? The phone is still fully functional but each time have to press the reboot option in recovery menu. I'm not new to rooting but have no clue how to swap ROMS or anything of that sort. Thanks!

Attachments

• 2012-08-08 05.07.03.jpg
    2012-08-08 05.07.03.jpg
    255.4 KB · Views: 74
Upvote 0
just let it update. replace your recovery with the stock one. if you have deleted any system apps or files,youll need to replace them as well. info here: http://androidforums.com/rezound-al...-manually-update-ics-without-losing-data.html

I have a few reasons why I stayed on gingerbread. I don't like the new UI of ICS. Secondly I have read reports of bad battery life. Third I don't know how to backup properly and flash things. I have Titanium backup that has saved me before. Also to mention I know switched to Mac from PC and can't use SDK very well. Alot of developers don't have things compatible for mac such as S-Off for example. I haven't the slightest clue how to properly use terminate to backup android. I knew CMD prompt on PC tho. I know Scott Roms has discountinued HTC Rezound support I think if I'm correct? However I pulled a 2.3 Stock Rom back in March off the website.

Upvote 0
Thanks everyone for the responses.

I already removed files:

HTC OTA
HTCDM.apk

I have no problems so far. System Update option is now non existent. Remember i'm working off a Mac now so ADB doesn't work well for me and I can't get terminate prompts to work for me. I also have Eclipse installed but have yet to make use of it. It has been quite some time since I downloaded RUU files and use PH98IMG.zip file etc. Have been without a computer since March (was temp and returned 1 wk later)

Thanks again for the help :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones