1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Rezound Doesn't Recognize Any Music Files

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by daygo718, Jan 11, 2012.

1. daygo718

daygo718 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    My wife recently purchased a Rezound and transferred the music she had on her OG Droid over to it. Every time she tries to play a file whether it is an MP3, WMA or other, she gets an error message saying that the phone is unable to recognize that file type. She basically can't play any music at this point. Any ideas on how to fix this or should she exchange for a new phone?

Advertisement

2. TxGoat

TxGoat Guest
    None
    Tell her that her phone isn't the only one, I don't recognize Lady Gaga as "Music" either! :p [​IMG]

Best way to tell if it's the phone, have her download a song from HTC's facebook page HTC Rezound | Facebook and download the file type without changing it, sync it to the phone and see if she can play the file. If she can then it's not the phone but the file type. See if she's using an iTunes type app on her old phone to play the file. If she is, she can either download the app on her Rezound or convert her library. An FYI, library file conversion sometimes corrupts the audio file and you may pick up audio-artifacts thus if she converts, don't delete the originals as you may not be happy with the remastered copies. Oh and yeah delete those Lady Gaga files! :p

3. daffy113

daffy113 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 3, 2012
    New Jersey
    That's odd. I moved my music onto the SD card and it all loaded perfect.

I'd bring it into Verizon if the above suggestion doesn't work.

4. daygo718

daygo718 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 16, 2010
    Well, we plugged in the phone to our computer and found out that the music folder was empty. This was very weird because you could see all the tracks on the phone itself. She copied the files to the music folder again and everything works perfectly now. Not sure what happened the first time. Thanks for the suggestions.

Tags: