• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

*Rezound ICS OTA is live Thread*

Just did a check for update and got a ~7MB update... rebooted into recovery and flashed something for about 4-5 minutes, rebooted again and flashed something else about 1.5 minutes, rebooted a third time and flashed something about 30 seconds... Then rebooted and came up to regular screen lock, unlocked and gave me attached image, downloading now.

EDIT: Just checked on other (work) Rezound... same thing, in process on that one now that I am on WiFi.

Attachments

• ICS Rezound.jpg
    ICS Rezound.jpg
    82.8 KB · Views: 95
Reactions: NightAngel79
Upvote 0
A short while after the final reboot from the 7MB update, the prompt for the full 299MB update pops-up. Downloading it now.

mine didn't reboot??? Hmmmm

'status' says update successful though

I don't know for sure if checking for the update helps vs waiting for the notification, but it worked for me. What are the odds that I would be selected as one of the first in what has been billed as a multi-day rollout?

i know, lol

mine only came when i checked also

Upvote 0
Update failed twice :(. Rooted but on stock with stock bootloader etc.

Would me having a bunch of apps frozen have anything to do with it?

When the small update was done downloading and it rebooted it went to the phone icon with the red triangle and exclaimation point. had to battery pull after 15 mins to get it back up. Anyone have this issue and fix it.

Upvote 0
AUpdate is done.

It did not wipe my Rezound clean! I still have previously downloaded apps and email accounts.

Anyone think I should do a factory data reset to get the best performance?

IT is definitely recommended
I've rebooted my phone a few times since the 300 mb but still don't have ICS...

Do you have 'fast boot' off?
Guys, I'm unsticking this as the "speculation" phase has passed.

I think I will edit the title and re-sticky, may help with the tons of 'I just got ICS' threads we will see in the next few days :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones