1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Rezound issues: Fact or fiction

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rushmore, Nov 20, 2011.

1. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Some things I noticed with the Rezound that would appreciate user experience perspective on: I will test in detail, but will be a few weeks before I get a Rezound.

Gets hot when using 4G beyond a few minutes and especially when charging at same time. 3g does not seem as bad at all. Noticed especially when removing the cover & battery to get my sd card. The S3 already can get really warm, but the combo with 4G seems toasty.

There appears to be a web access and content delay when using 4G, but not 3G. The speed is fast once the content in page starts, but the delay is at the point of access.

All emulators tried (I have them all), have touch response and press sustainment issues (if holding a button down, the button will not stay pressed).

TIA

Advertisement

2. mcan1xx

mcan1xx Member
    None

Aug 15, 2011
    Battery widget shows 109 degrees F after an hour of 4G heavy flash browsing. Pretty much the same as my razr. No noticeable delays or lags when transitioning, especially coming from an og..
    Not sure what you mean by the buttons, but I havent seen anything like that.
    My main problem is getting used to sense after a couple years with blur.
    I do really like having text wrap back..

3. kishin14

kishin14 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 29, 2010
    I can't speak to the touch response on emulators. I can say that I have yet to have any touch issues at all with this phone.

I can say that I have not noticed any web access or content delays when using 4G. But this is my first 4G phone so I have nothing to compare it too. Still, from your description, it seems like the delay is something I'd notice. I can say that there is no discernible delay on 4G versus 3G.

As for heat, my rezound does not get hot after just a few minutes of 4G. I downloaded game content to Puzzle Quest 2 the other day on 4G. It was about 242 megs. The phone got warm but I definitely wouldn't call it hot. Maybe we define hot differently. Hot to me is how my D3 feels after 30 minutes on nav. My rezound has never gotten that hot, yet.

4. rushmore

rushmore Android Expert
    None

Nov 13, 2008
    Kentucky
    Could just have been issues with the demos. Others are reporting the touch issues in emulators, but need an out of box Rez to make sure.

As far as Sense, I will replace it with Launcher Pro, just like I did Blur :)

Tags: