1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Rezound Proximity Sensor

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by v2can5, Jan 7, 2012.

1. v2can5

v2can5 Newbie
    None

May 11, 2010
    I have a new HTC Rezound. Previously I had an HTC Incredible. I was told by the salesperson that the Rezound had the feature (like the Incredible) where the screen would go black while you were on the handset. My Rezound does not go black when I answer the phone. Is there a way to fix this to make the screen go black? Or is this possibly a phone issue? I don't want my face hitting any icons or buttons while I am in the middle of a call. This was one of my favorite features of the Incredible. If this isn't a feature of the Rezound, is there an app to fix it?

Advertisement

2. randpost

randpost Well-Known Member
    None

Dec 24, 2010
    Retired
    Phoenix
    I haven't come across a setting to enable or disable it. the sensor is above the verizon logo.

Mine works perfectly every time, not sure what would cause yours not to work, except maybe a defective unit.

v2can5 likes this.
  3. Puppa

Puppa Android Enthusiast
    None

Apr 25, 2010
    Linux kernel development, Android & Chrome
    Raleigh, NC
    Ditto the previous comment. My proximity sensor also works perfectly. Some guesses: does restart resolve it? Is there something such as a case or screen protector obstructing it? Else, sounds like a defective unit.

v2can5 likes this.
  4. v2can5

v2can5 Newbie
    None

May 11, 2010
    Thank you both for your responses. I did a factory reset and that seems to have taken care of the problem. It works fine now. I'm so glad, as I didn't want to have to start from scratch on a new phone. Other than this issue (non-issue now), I'm really liking the Rezound.

Tags: