• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rezound SD card

So I just got a Rezound off Ebay, and I currently have a rooted Droid-X with my apps backed up with TB. Can I just take my SD card out of my X and install it into the Rezound with everything left on it.

That will probably work, just be aware of two things:

1) To get your apps back, go into TiBu's batch mode (click the check mark on the home screen) and choose "Restore User Apps". You don't want to restore system apps because they may be different between Droid-X and the Rezound and may not work if you try to restore them. (Or worse, force close as soon as you open them.) Apps like Gmail, Youtube, etc. should be re-downloaded from Play Store.

2) Some apps, mostly games, have different apks for different types of devices/screen display sizes. So if you had say, a Gameloft HD game that you bought for your Droid-X, it may not necessarily work as expected on the Rezound.

Reactions: Ringhale
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones