• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rezound with numerous issues

Hello!

I was wondering if any other Rezound owners would be able to shed some light on my problems. I upgraded about two months ago to the HTC Rezound from an HTC Incredible. Other than a few very small issues, I loved my Incredible and was told to skip the Incredible2 and go for the Rezound.

For the first couple of weeks that I had it, it worked wonderfully and I was in love with this thing. But since about mid-last month the phone has been having one issue after another.

-Ringtones are removed or changed at random, usually after the battery dies or the phone is reset.

-Ringtones that worked fine previously will suddenly refuse to work at all or the phone will not allow me to "add" them to the ringtone list.

-Ringtones can be set, but sometimes the phone will just vibrate when I get a call or txt.

-Battery life is incredible short now. I used to go to bed with about 1/4 life left after heavy use, but now my phone is dead and off by 10pm if I'm lucky.

-Handcent wont send or receive picture msgs, or it takes the poor thing a solid day to send them or to get them. I never used to have ANY problems with Handcent.

-Visual voice mail will not work. I get alerts saying I have them, but nothing shows up.

-Phone has crashed and reset itself after just turning the screen on sometimes.

-Sometimes the screen seems to not be as responsive as it should be.

I really don't have that much on my phone App wise. And everything I have on it now, was on my Incredible with no issues. I know I'm over the "test it out and bring it back if you don't like it" stage, which means they'll try to play the whole give me a 'certified new' phone game. I haven't bothered going into Verizon yet because they always try to say that they've never heard of any of the problems.

If it helps at all, this is a list of the Apps I personally put on the phone:
-Pandora
-GBC A.D emulator
-Mobility Wear Solitaire card game
-Key Ring
-Draw Something (paid)
-Handcent
-Easy Task Killer
-Dolphin Browser
-Google+
-AIM
-Tumblr

So thanks a bunch in advance for any help.

EDIT: I also just found that some of the photos in the Camera Shots folder went missing. I reset the phone, and they showed up again.

Couple of points. Electronics have the habit of failing within the first month or so if the unit itself is going to go bad (this is just a rule of thumb not a law or something). Sounds like thing started going south about that time.

Next did you install an app about the time the phone started having problems? If so look for software conflicts or remove the app and see if that clears the problem.

All your issues seem like software conflicts not necessarily hardware.

Finally a trip to verizon may be necessary. Get a new phone. Good luck.

Upvote 0
Hello!

-Ringtones are removed or changed at random, usually after the battery dies or the phone is reset.

-Ringtones that worked fine previously will suddenly refuse to work at all or the phone will not allow me to "add" them to the ringtone list.

-Ringtones can be set, but sometimes the phone will just vibrate when I get a call or txt.

-Handcent wont send or receive picture msgs, or it takes the poor thing a solid day to send them or to get them. I never used to have ANY problems with Handcent.

-Visual voice mail will not work. I get alerts saying I have them, but nothing shows up.

I currently have the same random ringtone and notification swap... For no reason, my ringtones change to something random... It appears allot of Rezound owners have this issue.... Rumor has it that it is due to phantom SD unmounting/remounting... I personally am not convinved... I have factory reset twice and still have the same issue... I only hope the ICS update will solve the issue...

As for Handcent... I was having a few issues... They just updated the program today (5/21).... So be sure to get that... But, one setting that I changed fixed allot of my handcent issues... here it is..

Open Handcent...
Menu
Settings
Application Settings
Default Messaging application (drop down menu)
"Select" Disable

This setting on my Incredible was ALL (sms & mms)... But apparently that setting doesn't work on the Rezound properly...

Let me know if any of this helped...

Lego

Upvote 0
Hello!

I was wondering if any other Rezound owners would be able to shed some light on my problems. I upgraded about two months ago to the HTC Rezound from an HTC Incredible. Other than a few very small issues, I loved my Incredible and was told to skip the Incredible2 and go for the Rezound.

For the first couple of weeks that I had it, it worked wonderfully and I was in love with this thing. But since about mid-last month the phone has been having one issue after another.

-Battery life is incredible short now. I used to go to bed with about 1/4 life left after heavy use, but now my phone is dead and off by 10pm if I'm lucky.

I really don't have that much on my phone App wise. And everything I have on it now, was on my Incredible with no issues. I know I'm over the "test it out and bring it back if you don't like it" stage, which means they'll try to play the whole give me a 'certified new' phone game. I haven't bothered going into Verizon yet because they always try to say that they've never heard of any of the problems.

-Pandora
-GBC A.D emulator
-Key Ring
-Draw Something (paid)
-Handcent
-Easy Task Killer
-Dolphin Browser
-Google+
-AIM
-Tumblr

EDIT: I also just found that some of the photos in the Camera Shots folder went missing. I reset the phone, and they showed up again.

I'm having a lot of the same issues:

• ringtone resetting and no longer found
  • music player can't see music in the music folder
  • camera shots disappearing
  • Visual voice mail not working
  • Random reboots just in the last week

I have none of the same apps you do except Dolphin. I will try uninstalling it to see it it makes a difference. There have been several updates recently, so maybe that's it. I wonder if others with the same issues also have Dophin.

This is my second Rezound. The camera stopped working on the first. But, I had three Droid Xs before throwing in the towel on that phone.

Sigh.

Upvote 0
Ok, guys....

I had a number of the same issues you have...

Ringtone issues....
Muting of notifications...
Loss of media
Media volume resetting to zero....
etc...

I am using up to 85 apps currently.... Dolphin / Handcent / Google + / Pandora I use....

The only program I see there you don't really need is the Easy Task Killer.

I reset this phone 4 times over the past few months using the in phone menu...

But it never completely resolved it and in some cases introduced additional issues while correcting some...

It wasn't until I used the method through powering off / pulling battery / holding down the volume down and power buttons to power back on and using the hboot method did I get all my issues resolved...

This is what I did:

1. Press and hold down the power key (upper-right corner).

2. Select Power Off.

3. Remove then re-insert the battery.

4. While holding down the volume down key, press the Power key. When the HBOOT screen appears, release the keys.

5. Press the volume down key to select Factory Reset then press the power key (upper-right corner).

This boot process takes several moments, reference the progress bar located in the upper-right. If the device hangs or freezes, remove / reinsert the battery.

Of course this will erase EVERYTHING including the SD card.... and you will have to re-set up the phone.... But trust me, it solved all my issues...

so, be sure to back everything up and transfer over to your computer anything you want to keep....

Good luck and lets us know here if it worked for you...

Lego

Upvote 0
Mine has done a quick flash to the white htc screen but not a full reboot or any of the issues you are having. I have no apps other than preinstalled. I had a couple and they do tend to leave things on external card. When I do a factory reset I reformat the sd on my pc and delete all the leftover files. Unless the info on the apps u use are crucial I would clear all the cache and data, unistall and then factory reset. Also I dont back up my settings when I do a reset so its not loading a possible flaw in those when I do it.

My fiance on the other hand just bought a new one and has recently had pictures saved from texts not saving and a few freeze ups during calls where she couldnt even hang up the phone or turn it off. A battery pull had to be done. She has a few apps that may be causing this but I havent looked at it close yet.

Upvote 0
Hello!

-Pandora
-GBC A.D emulator
-Key Ring
-Draw Something (paid)
-Handcent
-Easy Task Killer
-Dolphin Browser
-Google+
-AIM
-Tumblr

I'm having the exact same issues with notifications and ringtones just magically changing. Also having Mic issues. Every conversation I have, someone on the other end always says I can't hear you, you sound muffled. I'm on my 2nd rezound because the first one was having the same issues. I had to make test calls with the verizon rep for her to finally believe me and issue another phone. I will probably just have the same issues with the 3rd one. They need to just buy this one back and let me RE-use my upgrade to swap to a different type phone all together. I use my phone for business and if my clients can't hear me, then that's bad business. I'm tired of arguing over this issue with Verizon.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones