• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Rezound with numerous issues

I'm having the exact same issues with notifications and ringtones just magically changing. Also having Mic issues. Every conversation I have, someone on the other end always says I can't hear you, you sound muffled. I'm on my 2nd rezound because the first one was having the same issues. I had to make test calls with the verizon rep for her to finally believe me and issue another phone. I will probably just have the same issues with the 3rd one. They need to just buy this one back and let me RE-use my upgrade to swap to a different type phone all together. I use my phone for business and if my clients can't hear me, then that's bad business. I'm tired of arguing over this issue with Verizon.

After NUMEROUS Factory resets, NO FIX! Just got the 3rd replacement Rezound phone in and it' sdoing the exact same thing the first 2 did!
I'm running NO 3rd party apps just yet so I can test and make sure that they can't blame it on a bad app.
I'm DONE!! At least buy this POS phone back and let me re-use my upgrade to get anything but this phone!

Upvote 0
I'm no expert, but I think that many of these issues might be related to the SD card not mounting in a timely manner. If you have a custom ringtone, it is stored on the external SD card, as the phone's default ringtones are stored in /system/media/audio/ringtones or /notifications (depending on what they are for) as READ ONLY. So you cannot write the custom ringtones to this location. If the internal flash memory or external SD card do not mount correctly during boot, the phone will resort to the default folder and pick factory defaults. This is also the case with wallpapers.

I installed the ICS leak 3.14.605.10 and bootup is much faster. So far, no problems with the wallpapers, and I'm just getting to installing my own personal ringtones now. So we'll see. If I'm right, then hopefully the next OTA (ICS) will fix it. Be patient, or try the leak.

Or root access to install them to the partitioned section of the internal flash... Just a theory.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones