1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Rhapsody only playing 30s clips...

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by thesped, Apr 6, 2010.

1. thesped

thesped New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    As of this morning Rhapsody no longer plays full length songs, anyone else having the same issues?

Advertisement

2. nobiggie

nobiggie Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    yep, i am too.

rhapsody's handling of the android app has been incredibly frustrating for me. insulting, really- since iphone users get promised offline playback and those who've shunned itunes for years don't even get an effing usable beta. i'm tempted to cancel my subscription, which is now 6 years old, today. :mad:

3. thesped

thesped New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    I think I found the answer...

Rhapsody Beta is now available in the marketplace. I just uninstalled the d/l'ed one and installed directly from market. I keep getting force close errors when trying to log in so I can't confirm whether or not the old betas have been disabled.

It also might have a lot to do with this...

Newly independent Rhapsody drops price, expands to Android

Good luck getting it back up and running.

For me Rhapsody is a no brainer. I have a 13 y/o daughter that changes tastes in music like a mad woman. Rhapsody keeps us legal and helps keep my pocket book a little fatter. I see her Ipod owning friends come over and purchase songs off the itunes store like they are free, I guess they are for the kids, and feel good every time my daughter syncs to rhapsody.

nobiggie likes this.
  4. nobiggie

nobiggie Active Member

Dec 16, 2009
    you're the man for finding that. of course, once downloaded, it FCs every time i try to sign in. i want to destroy something.

5. thesped

thesped New Member

Apr 1, 2010
    I'm getting closer to solving this...

The android app now authorizes as a device. You need to make sure you have a device authorization left then it will let you sign on. The downside is that the app will consume all open device authorizations in the process. Now I can't deactivate any devices but can access music on the droid. I'm on chat with support trying to get them to manually deactivate all devices then reactivate the droid as 1 device, not 3. If that makes any sense...