• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ridiculous music problem

Anonymous5

Lurker
Jul 31, 2011
Hi, I'm new to Android phones and how to use them, but this is getting absurd. I'm sure it is probably an idiotic mistake by me, but I can't seem to pin-point the problem.

I have a selection of mp3's, which I edited in iTunes to add album art. Whereas the old versions of iTunes had the option to EMBED the art yes or no, it seems to embed it by standard now, as the mp3's played by other players (windows media player, and viewing with windows explorer) recognize the artwork as well.

However, when I manually drag and drop the files into the phone, and show them in the phone's media player, they have random album art: some work, some have default art, and some have album art of they magically made on their own. I have tried a lot, from converting to new id3 (v1.2 even) tags, to new methods in adding the art etc, with no luck. I assume the art is hidden in the tags somewhere (the art which is showing), but I can't find/access/change any of them.

Does this sound familiar/anyone has any idea how to fix this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

Hi, I'm new to Android phones and how to use them, but this is getting absurd. I'm sure it is probably an idiotic mistake by me, but I can't seem to pin-point the problem.

I have a selection of mp3's, which I edited in iTunes to add album art. Whereas the old versions of iTunes had the option to EMBED the art yes or no, it seems to embed it by standard now, as the mp3's played by other players (windows media player, and viewing with windows explorer) recognize the artwork as well.

However, when I manually drag and drop the files into the phone, and show them in the phone's media player, they have random album art: some work, some have default art, and some have album art of they magically made on their own. I have tried a lot, from converting to new id3 (v1.2 even) tags, to new methods in adding the art etc, with no luck. I assume the art is hidden in the tags somewhere (the art which is showing), but I can't find/access/change any of them.

Does this sound familiar/anyone has any idea how to fix this? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

I know the issue...but I've no idea how to sort it =/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones