• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Riilo is in Beta, feedback is greatly appreciated

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello ladies and gents,

We have developed Riilo, an app which (we hope) will create a new way of interaction between individuals. The idea is to allow anybody, to reach any location on Earth, and interact with people from that specific place.

For example, Riilo allows anyone, no matter where they are, to talk to people who are in Times Square, New York, or who pass by Times Square.

Similarly, Riilo enables one to interact with local people and find useful information, just by asking. For example, if one wonders whether the local groceries store still has a particular product, he/she can just ask people who are at the store right now.

We are in the very beginning and we need feedback on the concept, as well as the app itself. It would be greatly appreciated, if you joined Riilo Beta Community on Google Plus. Once joined, please follow instructions on how to download the app from Google Play.

Thanks a lot!

https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105580329309108673940

5tT9gUz.jpg

Sounds like a fantastic idea. I don't know how often I'll be using the app, but I joined and downloaded. Sure beats driving to the store to find out that they don't have what you want.

Thanks Rukbat! Glad you like the concept. This app would be interesting if there would be enough users. So it's the chicken and the egg problem, but we are currently thinking of ways to overcome that.

If you have any other suggestions or questions, you are more than welcome! :)

Upvote 0
Thanks to everybody who joined the Riilo Beta Community and even more thanks to those who installed the app, you are great! :D

Based on the feedback we received so far, we will be working over the weekend and will release an update late Sunday, or early next week.

More feedback would be even better, so we would be super happy if you wrote us what your thoughts are, on the concept and app in general.

You can do it here, on the community wall, or write to hello@riilo.com

Upvote 0
A bug has been reported from 2 users running 4.4 (nexus4 and nexus7):

After completing the "tutorial/introduction" in the beginning of the app, instead of showing the actual app, a blank activity is shown. I suspect this affects only KitKat users regardless the device, but can anyone running 4.4 on some other device, confirm this bug? And even if you have one of those devices, confirming the bug would still help.

Many thanks!

ROyOBzB.jpg

Upvote 0
A fresh update is now available on Google Play. We have fixed a few things and done minor improvements.

The NEW thing: on the map, you can now see some silhouettes. They are meant to show in which areas there are users or where users have been. As more and more users install the app, and the more the app is used, the more silhouettes will be shown on the map.

Nonetheless, you should still post to places that have no users shown on the map; even if the app shows there are no users in that place, people could still have the information you seek, and so they will be able to help.

If you have any questions or feedback, we would love to hear from you!

MawDnIq.jpg

Upvote 0
I have now published Riilo on Google Play. You can download it here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.riilo.main or just search for Riilo in Google Play.

Feedback is greatly appreciated! :)

If you like the concept and you think the app is worth it, maybe you can +1 the app on Google Play or perhaps even leave a nice review :D

Many thanks!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones