• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Rikomagic MK36S Review - Windows 10 mini PC

batboy

Android Enthusiast
Nov 29, 2013
You have already heard about Rikomagic,company which is the first company with these kind of product like media players. Rikomagic latest producti is MK36S which come with Windows 10 with main features like: 64 bit quad core CPU Intel Atom x5-Z8300
Cherry Trail,2GB of RAM,32 GB of internal memory,USB 3.0 port and Windows 10 as OS.

Unboxing

If you buy MK36S in package you will get charger, HDMI cable and short user manual.
If we compare it with Android media players you will get the same stuff but you will not get the remote controler because of that I advice you to buy keyboard and mouse.

Desing and build

When I looked the Rikomagic MK36S I have noticed that it is heavier than other similar devices. Anyway the case is made of very good quality black plastic, where the desing is very similar to other media players. MK36S has all posible ports like : HDMI, microSD card slot,three USB 2.0 ports, 10/100 lan port and one USB 3.0 port.

Performance and benchmark testing

The MK36S has strong hardware wich is based on 64 bit quad core processor Cherry Intel Atom x5-Z8300 with Intel HD Graphics,2 GB of RAM ,32 GB for storage space which you can upgrade with microSD card up to 64 GB. I have tested the MK36s with benchmark app and test scores are below. I am also glad that everything is working very good without lags and other possible bugs. But I'm not surprised because the hardware is strong enough.

Software

Rikomagic MK36S has Windows 10, for me it was the first device with Windows 10 so I did not know what possible features can I exept. After trying all of them I was very surprised because it has all possible functions like on any desktop pc or laptop.The first thing I have done is downloaded and installed Kodi, because I wanted to see how is working.
Kodi is working great with no lags. Also installing and uninstalling programs or app is the same.You have also ability downloading apps from Windows Store where you can find many programs ,games and onward like bsplayer for watching movies. I can say that I did not fined any problems but you need to install antivirus program for your safety
because of windows,and you will need wireless keyboard and mouse to work because without that you cant.

KODI

Youtube

Watching movies

Connectivity

MK36s has Bluetooth 4.0, four USB ports where one is USB 3.0, dual-band WIFI,10/100 ethernet port. Settings for all connectivity functions are the same like on any PC. With just few clicks you can connect to your router.

Conclusion

Rikomagic MK36S is great mini PC with many useful features, powerful hardware with high build quality. So if you decide to buy it you can not go wrong. For more information you can visit their official website.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones