• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ring indicator

• Thread starter Android Question
  • Start date
A

Android Question

I have a used droid 3, it's my first smart phone and I'm trying to figure it out.
I called my droid from another phone and it didn't ring out of the blue when it had been before. I checked the sound settings and it was set to ring. I also noticed that it wasn't making the click sound when I was touching the keys like it had been. I messed around with it and somehow got it to ring and it makes the click sound again when I touch the screen. How come it does not have a ring indicator at the top of the phone by the signal strength etc. like all the other phones I have had?
You can't tell if it's set to ring or silent etc. until you go into the settings etc. Is there a way to display the ring setting on the phone so that you can tell at a glance without going into settings etc.? I have also noticed that sometimes I have to touch the home, back or setting keys on the bottom several times to get it to go back or home. Is this a common thing for this phone? Is it a hardware or software problem?
I'm also trying to set up the e-mail and keep getting the invalid server certificate error, I have unchecked the box, but that doesn't help.
Thank you,
Jeff

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones