1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Ring tones - no visual messages to determine which app is ringing

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by muddflow, Sep 1, 2017.

1. muddflow

muddflow Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2017
    I'm still familiarizing myself with the Casio Commando C811.

Under Settings > Sounds I've set the default notification and the phoneringtone.

While at home the cell phone is normally connected to the Internet via WiFi as the towers are too far away and blocked by hills.

I sometimes receive text messages via the Internet and e-mails, both with a ringtone and a visual notification. I don't normally have any problems picking up phone messages, text messages or e-mails.

However every once in a while I here the default ringtone when I haven't received any phone, text or e-mail messages.

I'm uncertain which app is producing the ringtone as I'm not able to find a visual notification.

Advertisement

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Android Expert

Jan 16, 2016
    Male
    Graphics Manager / Sales
    USA
  3. muddflow

muddflow Lurker
    None

Sep 1, 2017
    After looking at the apps again I think it may have been my google e-mail on the Commando initiating the default ringtone.

I recently installed a few apps that connect to my PC that allows one to see what going on with a cell phone from a PC.

MightyText
    Desktop Notifications
    Airstream
    AirDroid

I'm still testing them out. Desktop notification notifies my PC with a pop message when a text message or mail arrives to my phone.

My older phones, (many Motorola), could not run apps like we have today, normally came with a PC program that allowed for direct access to a cell phone. I remember being able to configure many things at different programming levels on a phone

Desktop Notifications doesn't require my cell phone to be connected via USB. As long as my PC and cell phone have an internet Wifi connection the phone is synced with the Firefox or Chrome "Desktop Notifications" add-on.

I'm still experimenting with the other apps but will get around to determine they're capabilities.

MightyText
    Airstream
    AirDroid ( IIRC, this app also has a desktop notification that can be enabled and disabled)
    * The AirDroid appp has a very anoying pop up message and sound from a PC for it's free versionl I haven't been able to turn off, so it appears one would need to have the paid version installed to make any use of AirDroid)

Another thing I noticed when my cell phone isn't connected to the PC usb port and I'm online with my PC's web browser I'm able to install cellular apps from my PC's web browser to my cell phone over the Internet.

#3 muddflow, Sep 1, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2017
  4. piludo36

piludo36 Member
    None

Jun 20, 2013
    Male
    Education
    Earth
    Non-Root Helpful Minimalist/Battery-Data Saving Apps for C881:

Force Auto-Sync setting
    (you schedule syncs, no binary choice between push or nothing)
    NoRoot Firewall
    Darker (Screen Filter)

Doze - For Better Battery Life
    Wakelock Detector [LITE]
    Battery Charge Notifier (helps w/the 40/80 rule)

Signal Private Messenger
    Opera Mini
    Firefox Browser fast & private
    StartPage Private Search (screw/dump "Okay Google")
    Tasks
    Bitdefender Antivirus Free

Solid Explorer File Manager

My wish-list Item;

aCalendar+ Calendar & Tasks
    (say goodbye to Tasks and Google Calendar)

Hope this helps somebody:)