1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support ring volume goes off when flipped

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ajp900, Oct 1, 2011.

1. ajp900

ajp900 Newbie
    None

Feb 11, 2011
    just got my hands on the sensation very happy with the handset overall but i have a weird (fault bug) with the ring volume basicly the phone rings if i move the phone pick it up or turn it over the ring volume completly goes this happens on either stock ringtones or mp3s added by my self. I have been in to settings sound then unticked (quite ring on pick up) it makes no difference at all ticked or unticked still does the same ive turned the phone off removed battery still the same im missing quite afew calls.

anyone suffering the same or anyone got any fixes thanks. [​IMG]

Advertisement

2. xyqtt

xyqtt Lurker
    None

Aug 24, 2011
    That is htc sense feature

3. ajp900

ajp900 Newbie
    None

Feb 11, 2011

how do i turn this feature off

4. peterc10

peterc10 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jan 10, 2010
    UK
    You have two different features here. The first is that when the phone is moved when it is already ringing the ring volume reduces (not turned off). The idea behind it is that you have realised it is a call and don't need the volume so loud when you are about to deal with it because you have moved the phone. You can get rid of that be unticking the quiet ring on pickup box.

The second feature is that when the phone is flipped over onto its face on a flat surface when it is already ringing it will stop ringing. The idea behind this is to provide a method to quickly switch off the ringing so as not to disturb others, (or, in my case, to not embarrass me because of my choice of ringtone). It does not disconnect the call so you can still answer it even if the ring is off. AFAIK you can't change this setting.

I am not sure why you need to worry about this feature. You know there is a phone call because you have turned over the phone, and you can still answer it.