1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ring Volume

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Deleted User, Jan 13, 2022 at 3:17 PM.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

The first ring is loud, then 2nd ring is quiet and the announcement of who is calling is quiet, and 3rd ring is loud again, and 4th ring is quiet and the announcement of who is calling is also quiet.

It was working fine before, all rings were loud and the announcement was loud.

Help!!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Have you restarted (not reset) the device?

ocnbrze and Dannydet like this.
  3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yes I did. It is the same.

4. puppykickr

And is it the same regardless of the ringtone set?

Did the device itself get any updates recently?

Did any apps, stock or otherwise, that pertain to clock ir alarm get updated recently?

Dannydet likes this.
  5. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I just changed the ringtone and I have the same trouble. I have it set for automatic update so I'm not sure when it last updated.

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Last update December 22, 2021

7. puppykickr

Was that last update before or after the trouble began?

This sort of thing is an example of why I do not allow ANY appstore to autoupdate.
    (Not trying to sound 'preachy', unless of course you work for Google. If that is the case....oh, nevermind.)

First, it can be difficult (thanks, Google!) to set stock apps back to older versions.

The way I go about it seems to work, but it does take some steps and it is usually something that takes a few minutes.

First, it would be of great help if you could positively identify exactly which app is causing the grief.

Then I need to know when the issue began.

At that point I would have you download and install a secondary appstore called UpToDown.

This appstore allows for the downloading of older versions of apps.

But before we get into all of that, let's begin with what is simple.

Go into Google PlayStore, and turn off autoupdate.
    If what I think happened is the cause, then if we fix it then Google will just screw it right back up- of course they will wait until around 2AM to do it.

I am not familiar with the 'announcement' thing you speak of.
    Are you using the stock (built in) alarm app, or have you downloaded a different one and are using that?

If it is a third party app (one that you downloaded) then this will be a bit easier.

If you are using a stock alarm app that got updated and then caused this trouble, we can deal with that with some extra effort.

Dannydet likes this.
  8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

When I get a phone call, 1st there is a loud ring, then a generic voice identifies who is calling, as well as another ring. The ringtone I am using was a choice on my phone. What is the "alarm app" that you mentioned? I am not using an alarm. I am just receiving a phone call.

I have taken the auto update to off now. I'm not computer or phone save. I've had this phone since July 2021, and I don't like it at all. Sometimes the phone doesn't even ring but goes directly to voicemail. I'm ready to throw it in the garbage. I like my LG6 much better.

9. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

It sounds like this "voice announcement" thing is the problem, since the going quiet is correlated with when that announcement is happening. I've never had a smartphone with that feature so don't know much about it or what settings there are available for that (I suspect that on/off will be the only options, but if there are others they may be worth trying).

My guess is that if you turned it off the ring would remain loud, though of course you'd not get the caller name - I don't know whether you'd find that better or worse.

puppykickr likes this.
  10. puppykickr

Opps, I don't know why my brain got sidetracked with the alarm thing.

I think that happened with somebody's alarm app before and this sounded like the same type situation.

11. puppykickr

As @Hadron says, try turning off the announcement feature and see if that works.

For the calls going straight to voicemail, that is usually because a phone is in a bad service area.
    I have T-Mobile, and most everywhere is a 'bad service area'.

Dannydet likes this.
  12. ozonetrooper

ozonetrooper Android Enthusiast

After the last update my moto G7 no longer has the option to turn off the transmitted caller id number and when it rings the first ring is loud (normal) the second one is softer and then the audio alert stops although the phone continues to ring.

go figure !

Hadron, puppykickr and Dannydet like this.
  13. puppykickr

So this leads me to believe that it is an issue caused by a system update.

14. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

15. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I talked to someone at Motorola and they walked me through it. I cancelled the voice announcement and now it just rings loud. I'm ok with that.

Thank you to everyone that tried to help me. All the best.

Moto G(8) Power Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews