• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringer Too Quiet

I picked up my Droid X this morning and coming from my old Storm I'm really liking it. My only real complaint is that the volume of the ringer is way to low. I've already turned it up all of the way in settings but is there an app or something that could make it any louder? I use my phone as an alarm clock and I'm a fairly heavy sleeper so this is almost a make or break feature.

Not sure what ringer you're trying but I downloaded the app called "Ringtone" that you can download ringtones directly from and even edit them. Great ringers for SMS, regular ringtones, etc. and all very loud. Hope it helps! Cause if you're talking about the "Droid" sound ringer, etc. then I agree...way too soft to hear in day to day environments

Reactions: ExclusiveTSX
Upvote 0
Im having the same problrm.. Coming from the droid, that was loud enough to listen to music while working on my truck, this speaker I can't hear playing from my hip. Ive seen people talk about how loudloud the speaker phone is and its way to quite for me. Im going back to the store this weekend and looking at the display models and listening to them... if they are louder then im going to see if they can fo something with this phone.... otherwise i love my DX

Upvote 0
I got suggestions in other threads to try downloading ringers and not using the pre-installed ones. I used the Ringdroid app to make tones from my MP3's AS WELL AS from ringtones downloaded from crackberry.com (I came from a Storm 1 as well) and I still feel that the max volume on this phone's speaker leaves a LOT to be desired. I hope they do something about this is the software update. For all those that think this phone is loud (or even too loud in some cases I have read) you have never had a loud phone before. You can barely hear this thing when you are 10 feet away. I could hear my storm across my house AND up one floor.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones