1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ringer volume buttons

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hillx134, Jun 27, 2011.

1. hillx134

hillx134 Newbie
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    I did something and I can't figure out where the settings for the buttons on the side are. Somehow the volume buttons on the side now control the media volume. How do I get it back to control the ringer volume?

Advertisement

2. KupKrazy

KupKrazy Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 26, 2010
    Male
    The Big Apple
    Doesn't it only control the media volume when media is actually playing? I think once the media (music/video/etc.) stops playing, the control reverts back to the ringer volume. It's the same way on all of my Android phones.

3. DocBeech

DocBeech Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 12, 2011
    Kup you are correct. It controls the volume of the current process. If your making a phone call it controls call volume. If your on a main screen it controls ringer volume. If your playing media it controls media volume. In the settings you will find a range of volume controls where you can change each one individually.

Also if your playing music or running gps, really any application, and the phones screen is off it will control that media without waking the phone up.

4. dlepi

dlepi Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Bumping this...

I have a Droid 3 that works as Kup said. However, anytime I run IHeartRadio with something plugged into the 3.5mm jack I am unable to change the ringer volume. This is true even when the app is closed (via quit option and Advanced Task Killer) and nothing is in the 3.5mm jack.

I've tried reopening and closing the app in combination with the point when I unplug the 3.5mm jack (app running/not running).

Only way I've had it go back so far is a restart. This sucks because I used IHeartRadio pretty much every morning on my way to work since radio reception blows on the station I want.

I have not noticed this issue when using similar apps (Pandora, Amazon Cloud player).