1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

ringer volume is low even set at the highest setting

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by dh4645, Jul 22, 2010.

1. dh4645

dh4645 Well-Known Member

Jul 6, 2010
    i do have the option on that decreases the volume once i move it, but even before i move it, it's sometimes very hard to hear unless if there is no other noise.

could it be the actual ringtones? i used ringdroid to edit down songs and make a ringtone on the aria.

anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement

2. Ambictus

Ambictus Well-Known Member

Mar 16, 2010
    UT
    Although IMO it's plenty loud, it seems the Aria has a weak speaker which is why when on speaker phone it's not as loud as other phones.

3. Droidized

Droidized Well-Known Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Have you looked at your edited ringtone volumes with an editor such as Audacity? If they are lower than you want and they aren't near the clipping value - you can increase them.

I have a silicone case that I like, but when the back is completely flat against something, it seals off the back speaker and dampens the ringing quite a bit. When it's not against something, I can hear it through my house and in loud environments.

4. artvandalay22222

artvandalay22222 Well-Known Member

Jul 5, 2010
    DETROIT MI!
    Make sure when in your pocket the speaker faces outward. When you set it down on a table, try putting a pencil or something under the phone to create a gap so the speaker isnt muffled by the table. Also, theres a setting that when you pick up phone, the ringer quiets a little, maybe this is happening to you?

5. PC_3

PC_3 Member

Jul 26, 2010
    I think this was a weak stop on reviews that the speaker is not so loud
    I just got my phone yesterday and I feel the same way so I think its the phone

6. OJsakila

OJsakila Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Savannah, GA
    JUST MAKE CUSTOM RINGTONES.

...how hard is that?

7. xti14

xti14 Active Member

Jul 13, 2010
    South Florida
    This is probably the one and only thing that i do not like about the phone, and that's the speaker. When I have it sitting on my night table...or anything flat...the sound gets muffed big time. And in my opinion its not the loudest speaker to begin with.

Tags: