1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Ringer volume keeps turning itself to maximum

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by JezterVA, Jul 23, 2010.

1. JezterVA

JezterVA Well-Known Member

Jul 23, 2010
    Anybody else have the problem where the phones ringer volume keeps setting itself to maximum? This started two days ago when I used Lookout to locate my phone. I can turn it down, but it just keeps turning itself right back up. I can silence all sound from the settings menu and it just turns itself right back up? Was hoping to find an answer here before I go to the store for a replacement.

I've pulled the battery and performed a hard reset as well as uninstalled lookout. Don't know what else to do. Any help?

Advertisement

2. JezterVA

Jul 23, 2010
    Problem hasn't happened for well over an hour now, so I may have fixed it. I cleared all the caches from my installed programs, removed any programs that I haven't used in over a month, pulled the battery and did another hard reset. So far, so good. Hopefully it will remain in this silent(er) state. :cool:

3. JezterVA

Jul 23, 2010
    Now that I think about it, I deleted all my text messages as well. There was one in my inbox from short code 99999 and the text was "(ring)(giggle)".

Are there viruses and worm-like apparitions for this platform? I'm assuming there are, since look-out scans for viruses. Now I'm intrigued. Hmmmm.....