1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ringer won't work unless phone is asleep

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by deltatech, Aug 17, 2011.

1. deltatech

deltatech Newbie
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    I find that I am missing a lot of calls. People just end up in my voicemail and my phone never rings. This only happens when I am playing with my phone in the settings, listening to a voicemail or music or anything.

if I just hit the home button and sit there, the phone will ring ok. If my phone is asleep it will ring ok. But if i play with it in any way, the person at the other end hears all the rings but I don't. The ringer is silent and they end up in voicemail.

Has anyone else seen this? Is there a way to make incoming phone calls a priority over all other activities?

Advertisement

2. jaliy

jaliy Android Expert
    None

Aug 7, 2011
    i dont see how this is a problem. if u r doing ur own things, those take priority. if u r watching a video, u get sound from the video

3. deltatech

deltatech Newbie
    None

Aug 16, 2011
    I have always considered phone calls highest priority because it could be urgent business. watching a video is just killing bordom and wasting time and unimportant. My phone is mainly used for business purposes. But I don't want to have to keep my hands off of it just so I don't miss a call.