1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ringotne issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Daxenth, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Daxenth

Daxenth Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Hey guys. first post here. but i have an issue and its annoying the hell outta me. I have a Droid Eris and ive had it since about july. and Recently, its stuck on one ring tone. one call tone. one notification tone. and i cannot change it. ive tried custom tones, and the tones tat come from the factory and its stuck on "bubble" it says its using something else (whatever is selected) yet that same one plays. its been like this for about 2 weeks now and i assumed since its a 1gen android phone it would have issues that would work out... this one doesnt seem to go away. ive been thinking about factory reset but i dont want to lose my contacts and all my other info stored on here.. but i text like a mad man with my girlfriend and its that same tone literally hundreds of times a day.. so you can see where my annoyance comes to play hah. I appreciate any help with this guys

Thanks.

Also i dont know if this is related or not, but my phone USED to vibrate along with the ringtones when i get texts and stuff. now its just sound. that has been like that for about 3 months now but. im more concerned with my ringtone changing than that...

Advertisement

2. metlcat

metlcat Android Enthusiast
    None

Oct 24, 2010
    Law School Student
    Have you tried shutting your phone down and restarting it?

If you have your contacts set to sync with your google account, they will automatically return to your phone when you log back in during activation if you do a factor reset. To check if your contacts are syncing with google, log onto your gmail account, look at the contacts, and if the phone numbers are there, you are set to go. I would also try to go into the Eris on your computer and try to find the folder where the ringtones and notifications are located. Copy the one that it keeps using to your computer, just in case, and maybe try removing it from the phone after that. I know you can add ringtones and notification sounds to the phone, but I've never removed one. I would think it would work the same way though.

There are other things you can do to backup your information on your phone depending on what you're looking to save. If you want to save the apps on you phone, I would sync them with appbrain and then you can use their fast installer to download them back to your phone after that. You'll have to set them all up again, but you'll have a list of all of them that are on your phone. If you're looking to backup texts, I suggest SMS Backup which will add them to your gmail.

3. Daxenth

Daxenth Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    Thanks for the tip my friend. and yes i have. ive left the battery out of the phone an entire night and popped it in and still nothing.. im going to try to remove the tone now and hopefully that might help. and if not well then factory reset here i come. Thanks again though

4. Daxenth

Daxenth Lurker
    None

Dec 16, 2010
    yeah it didnt work... wondering why it would randomly stick with a single tone.. oh well. ill reset it tomorrow.