1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Ringtone Architect and Ringdroid

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by drdnaught1, Jan 2, 2012.

1. drdnaught1

drdnaught1 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    I have a Droid Razr I just got in December. I wanted to customize the ringtones that would play when certain people would call, so I first installed Ringtone Architect, and assigned ringtones to a few people. However, I couldn't figure out how to undo that and make a contact NOT be assigned a ringtone.

So I uninstalled that and installed Ringdroid. Seems like this program had the same problem, so I got rid of it too.

Now, I've noticed that when I get some calls, I don't even hear my default ringtone, instead it's some very standard-sounding ringer that isn't even in the list of ringtones I can pick from. But, I tried calling my phone w/my landline, which isn't in my Droid's contact list, and the correct default ringtone played.

What I've noticed so far is that the people that trigger that standard-sounding ringer are all people that I assigned ringtones to with either Ringtone Architect or Ringdroid. So my question is, how can I completely remove all traces of those apps so that I can again hear my default ringtone when anyone calls?

Or, do those apps have nothing to do with my current problem and it's actually due to something else?

Advertisement

2. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    I don't have the razr but it can't be much different.
    You don't need an app to assign ringtones per contact. All you have to do is go into the contacts app, select the contact, menu, options, and assign a ringtone.
    Since you have changed those ringtones, you will probably have to go into those contacts and assign the default system ringtone.

drdnaught1 likes this.
  3. drdnaught1

drdnaught1 Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 2, 2012
    Oh, that's perfect, exactly what I needed. I'd wondered how to do that, because I was used to the Windows Mobile phone I had before where one of the fields on a contact's info page lets you assign a ringtone.

Here, I didn't see such a field, but the one thing I hadn't done was tried the Menu button, which appears to be all-important with the Droid! Thanks so much.

4. pool_shark

pool_shark Android Expert

Aug 21, 2010
    Male
    Infrastructure Engineer
    Ohio
    No problem. Yes, the menu button is very important.