1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support Ringtone change

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ggarland, Oct 29, 2010.

1. ggarland

ggarland Active Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Ok, I have downloaded and installed Ringdroid. I have converted one or two songs to ringtones. Ringdroid will allow you to assign that ringtone to a contact at the time you make the ringtone.
    What I can't figure out is how do you change ringtones for any other individuals? I thought you would go into contacts and there would be an option there, but not.
    So, I went back to Ringdroid and the only way I can find to add a custom ringtone there is to convert the same song again. So now I have three copies of the same ringtone.
    There has got to be a better way.
    I know I am knew to the Captivate, but this seems like something that would be a no brainer (which I have been accused of being).

Advertisement

2. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    Answered in the Captivate FAQ, which should always be the first place you check. ;)

Contacts - CapFAQ

3. ggarland

ggarland Active Member

Oct 25, 2010
    Well, excuse me for being a louse, but so far I haven't found the answer to my question in FAQ. As matter of fact I am looking through the owners manual and what it says doesn't work.

4. sremick

sremick Well-Known Member

Jun 18, 2010
    IT Admin
    USA
    Item #3 on that page I linked you to is titled "How come I can't add custom ring tones to a contact?"

ggarland likes this.