1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ringtone changes at random

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by icket, Feb 7, 2011.

1. icket

icket Newbie

I have owned the mesmerize for 2 weeks now and all was great, until yesterday. I was charging my phone and a message come up on the notification bar that the micro sd card needed formatted. With no other options I formatted and it erased everything on it but the phone said the card was junk. Now, with all that said, here is what happened next. My ringtones will not change. I had them set up to play from downloads off of Zedge. I have went into settings and tried to change them back to no avail. It is using a ringtone that is a song that was imported to the phone from my Ipod.
    Anyone have a suggestion?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. chevy73

chevy73 Lurker

Mine changes ring tone by itself as well. I just restart it and it returns to normal but it is annoying.

3. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Android Expert

You may want to consider downloading an app like AppBrain App Market. Create an account with it and use it to backup up all of your data on your apps.

Wipe the phone with a factory reset. Reformat your SD card. My guess is an app you downloaded didn't like something on your phone (or the other way around).

If you decide to do that, you can download the 2.2 leaked ROM in the root forum, and it will take care of all of that for you.