1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ringtone changing automatically

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sam142000, Sep 3, 2011.

1. sam142000

sam142000 Well-Known Member

My S2 changes the ringtone automatically as and when it feels. Is there something that can be done to fix it.
    There isn't even any pattern to the change of tones!!

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Hawker

Hawker Android Expert

Are you sure you've not got individual contacts out grouped assigned ringtones or are you saying when you go into view the default ringtone setting it is actually changing there?

3. sam142000

no, i havent assigned tones to any group or contact.
    I'm saying after around 5-6 calls my phone rings a different tone than I had set earlier.

4. greggebhardt

greggebhardt Android Enthusiast

Does it ring the same wrong ring tone?

Is the Ring tone you are using on your SD card? If so and you have your SG2 connected to a computer, the SD card might be mounted as a drive and the phone can not access the ring tone and substitutes another.

Just saying as this used to happen on my Blackberry when mounted until I moved my ring tones onto the device from the card.:)

5. sam142000

No, its plays a different tone every-time.
    And its stored on the USB storage.

6. DaveSyd

DaveSyd Android Enthusiast

No idea how it is doing that - but if you find out please tell us. I wouldn't mind mine working that way for a while!!

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews