• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtone doesn't finish

ranger3484

Jun 5, 2010
My ringer isn't working right. Radomly my ringer doesn't finish its tone when receiving an incoming call. I get the first 1/10 second of sound then silence. It's not going to voicemail but is just silent. I can still answer the phone (assuming I heard the quick ring). This is very sporadic as other times the full ringtone will play. I've tried other ringtones, soft boots, etc., but the problem presists (randomly). Anybody else seeing this?

I'm having almost the same problem. Only that it is not sporadic. It happens always. Since it is in vibration too, it vibrates and the ringtone is heard for a fraction of a second. Then the incoming call screens continues there, active, but no further sound or vibration exists.

welcome to the forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
try and power off then wait ten seconds then reboot. if that does not work then you might want to consider doing a factory reset, but you will loose all of your data and settings if you do that. and if that does not work then take it in.

Upvote 0
My favorite ringtone, Club_RocknRoll.ogg, is the one that I always used on Sprint stock and then Myn's 2.2. When I switched to Mik 1.04 and now 2.2, this particular ringtone and a few others only play a fraction of a second. It plays fine on my PC when I copy it back, and copying it to the phone again doesn't help.

The only thing I could find in common with the ones that wouldn't play all the way through is that they are all relative large at ~500K or so, although other large ones do play.

I ended up having to use another ringtone, but I'm subscribing to this thread in hopes that someone can figure it out and/or fix it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones