1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Ringtone for Contact

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Elonm, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Elonm

Elonm Lurker
    None

Mar 30, 2016
    Male
    I have an interesting problem that I am wondering if anyone else has experienced. My work phone is connected to our Exchange server via AirWatch MDM. In addition to email, my Exchange Contacts and Exchange Calendar are also synchronized to my Galaxy S7.

I noticed that I am unable to set different ringtones for specific contacts (such as my wife). When I go into the Contacts app on the phone, the option to set a ringtone is not there.

If I add a new contact and choose the Gmail option, the options show up, so it seems to be related to either Exchange, AirWatch, or some sort of software bug.

To make things more interesting, my co-workers that have Galaxy S6 devices to not have this problem, even though they are connected to Exchange via AirWatch just like I am. They are able to set unique ringtones for individual contacts.

Anyone else run into this issue with their S7?

Thanks!

Advertisement

2. jason359

jason359 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Male
    I cannot set ringtones either. I am not using exchange or airwatch. Maybe a bug?

3. jigsaw

jigsaw Newbie
    None

May 15, 2011
    How exactly are you trying to do this? Mine allows ringtone assignment by selecting a contact > edit > scroll down and tap more >ringtone.

tube517, jason359 and KOLIO like this.
  4. jason359

jason359 Well-Known Member
    None

Mar 13, 2016
    Male
    OK that works. Thanks!!

5. Elonm

Elonm Lurker
    None

Mar 30, 2016
    Male
    Exactly like that, except I only have "Web Address", "Event", "Notes", and "IM account" as options. Ringtone option is missing completely.

Samsung Galaxy S7

The Samsung Galaxy S7 was launched in 2016 and was one of two devices in the lineup. The device features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 2560 x 1440, 4GB of RAM, 32GB of storage, and a 12MP rear camera.