1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Ringtone for Unknown Numbers?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by morlaine, Aug 25, 2012.

1. morlaine

morlaine New Member

Aug 25, 2012
    Hi,
    I'm new to this group as I just got this Samsung Galaxy Ace two days ago after much urging from a friend of mine. My old phone made/received calls and stored numbers, so you can imagine how telephonically challenged I am. :)
    My question for this post: Is it possible to set a ringtone for those calls that come in that are displayed as Personal or Unknown Numbers? If I can it will help me decide if I want to run to answer the phone when I'm in another part of the house, or will I let them call me back.
    Thanks so much for any guidance you can provide, morlaine

Advertisement

2. socrates0

socrates0 Well-Known Member

It is possible to give a separate ringtone to people who exist in your contacts list. If your requirement is only to differentiate between those who exist in your contacts list & those who don’t then put all of the in one group & assign them a ringtone. So when you hear the assigned ringtone you know its someone from your contacts list, if it’s the default ringtone then you know it’s somebody else.

PS: Don’t want to confuse you but there have been instances this does not seem to work for some & has been discussed in this forum then in that case you will have to assign the ‘special' ringtone to those who exist in your contacts list individually (can be a pain if your list is large)