1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

ringtone issues

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Stricken66, Apr 20, 2012.

1. Stricken66

Stricken66 Newbie

My friend has the Casio Commando, and we used an app called ringtone maker. It turns songs into 30 second long ringtones then sets them for you. For phonecalls it works fine. When it comes to notifications it doesn't. You can set it in the app and it will show up in the sound settings as being set. Though the notification sound doesn't change. Also setting it to silent doesn't work either still plays. Even changing the tone to a pre-loaded one still stays to the default one. Any ideas?

2. alpha0990

alpha0990 Android Enthusiast

if the phone is rooted copy the notification ringtone to the folder where the relevant tones are. with my phone its system/media/audio/notifications. the phone will prob reboot. aft scanning media happens u shud b ok to select the ringtone

3. Stricken66

Stricken66 Newbie

I guess I should have said earlier the device is not rooted.

4. space wrangler

space wrangler Well-Known Member

Connect your phone to a computer. On your SD card create a folder named notifications. Copy the sound you want as a notification to this folder.

5. Stricken66

Stricken66 Newbie

On the root of the SD card? Also, his would you access that folder inside the phone's sound settings?

6. space wrangler

space wrangler Well-Known Member

When you select notifications sounds, items in the folder will appear as choices.

7. john58ford

john58ford Well-Known Member

yeah... heres the short version.. notification in the devices main menu is for E-mail... go into the text message system (or what ever else you are trying to get for a notification) tap menu>settings>scroll down, check notifications>select rigntone.

Good luck

EDIT: BTW I use Myxer, it saves into the subroot notifications folder so they are available in all the programs, text, email, alarm etc. your may not, if you insist on using it then you may have to follow some of space wranglers solution before mine will work.

8. jova33

jova33 Android Expert

I just used mp3 ringtone maker. Made my alarms and ringtones, then uninstalled.

Casio G'Zone Commando Forum

The Casio G'Zone Commando release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 3.6" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, processor, and 1460mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews