1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

Support ringtone keeps changing back to default

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Chelc, Jul 15, 2010.

1. Chelc

Chelc Active Member

Jun 29, 2010
    Hey guys, my ringtone keeps changing back to the default ringtone and its really annoying. It happens everyday, and I haven't hooked up my phone to my computer at all. I'm using a song from "my music" as a ringtone.

Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. Wiggin21

Wiggin21 Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    i have this exact problem, but only recently and when i first got my phone. everything was good for a good month and a half in between :/

3. najaboy

najaboy Well-Known Member

May 3, 2010
    Make sure the file you want as a ringtone is in the media/audio/ringtones folder.

4. babs45242

babs45242 New Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Has anyone found any additional information on this issue? I am encountering a similar issue in that my ringtone (which I have set to silent) is periodically getting reset to the default sound.

I am setting it to silent because I don't want noise but unless I am looking at the config wrong I still need to haver the volume "on" in order to get the vibrating alert.

Anyhow, like stated before it is annoying just to have it randomly reset. I have not found a pattern as far as market place updates or anything like that at this point. There is a chance some update is doing it as I do not get calls frequent enough to "catch" this issue when it immediately occurs.

5. cdg770404

cdg770404 Active Member

Jul 30, 2010
    My ringtone usually resets after plugging my phone into my computer on usb mode. It's annoying as hell

6. Holydoc

Holydoc Well-Known Member

Jun 14, 2010
    Male
    Panhandle, Florida