1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ringtone not working

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by unrecognisable, May 11, 2019.

1. unrecognisable

My custom ringtone that I have assigned to my phone is not working. It plays a different sound that almost sounds like an error. The correct sound plays when you are selecting it from the Ringtone section in Settings, but when I get a call it plays an error sound. Built-in ringtones work fine.

I am using the Google Pixel 1st generation.

2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

is it a custom ringtone you created? what format is it in?

3. unrecognisable

I created a custom ringtone in Audacity. I have tried many audio formats including MP3, FLAC, Ogg etc.

4. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!!

does your phone see the mp3 file? can it play it just as a sound? is it on your sd card?

5. unrecognisable

Yes. My phone does see the file and when I add it into the Ringtones folder it appears when you go to select a ringtone in Settings. But when I receive a phone call, a error sounding sound plays.

6. Hadron

Hadron Smoke me a kipper...
    VIP Member

If you play it using an audio player what happens? For that matter you should get a preview played when you set the ringtone - does that work?

ocnbrze likes this.
  7. unrecognisable

If I play the clips through the Audio Player it works completely fine. If I play the ringtone in Settings as a preview it also works. It's just when I receive a call it doesn't ring using my selected ringtone.