1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ringtone/Notification Storage Locations

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by rossman26, Sep 29, 2011.

1. rossman26

rossman26 Member
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Professional Student
    Pennsyltucky
    When I bought this phone, I just put the 16GB from my D1 in and went on my way.

So yesterday I finally got around to getting and putting in a new 32GB card. Prior to swapping I copied all the data from the old card on to the new card and went about my day, assuming all was well.

This morning I noticed a weird tone when I got a message and when I went to change the tone, I discovered my notifications are all gone. I select notifications and it shows me nothing to choose from. I then go into ringtones and it only shows a few and they are the ones I have downloaded.

It seems in the switch I inadvertently lost all my stock ringtones, anyone know how I might recover them? Since I did a complete cut and paste I can't really understand how this happened but.. /shrug. I'm confused.

Thanks in advance for the help..

Advertisement

2. rossman26

rossman26 Member
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Professional Student
    Pennsyltucky
    Bump for visibility.

Thanks

3. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    so did you delete the files off of your old 16gig?

4. rossman26

rossman26 Member
    None

Nov 8, 2009
    Professional Student
    Pennsyltucky
    Just in case anyone else ever finds themselves in this situation I figured it out.

To resync my music I had to go into the Media Storage app and reset the data, plug it into the computer, undock and then the phone would rebuild the music database on the phone.

Apparently for the ringtones and notifications, there is another file, Mediasync. There is no data to clear but if you Force Stop and then restart the phone, it will rebuild the ringtones/notifications and all is well in Bionica.

What a PITA. You would think that since the card had the same exact info in the same exact places that it would be plug n play. Not... :rolleyes:

Closest thing I can figure is the issues lies somewhere in the fact that you have to dsimount the old card and remount the new... though that doesn't make complete sense either since the ringtones and notifications are stored internally as far as I know and it instantly recognized my ringtones on my new SD card, it just lost the system tones. Ugh.. I quit. It works and now I've made my head hurt.