1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ringtone / Notification volumes and Sound Profile Managers

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by Deleted User, Dec 14, 2013.

1. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

I am looking for an app, to make notification silent, just the Notification - nothing else.

But now (I think form ICS onwards) the Notification volume and Ringtone volume are the same and changing one changes the other.

I have started looking at sound profile apps and some claim to separate the volumes again , some don't, some say yes but the review suggest different and some say yes then when you install / run it they say this feature no longer works.

So really looking for any advice on good apps.

N.B, it is ONLY the Notification tone I want to make SILENT, so an app that turns only that volume to zero or "fakes" it by loading a silent ringtone to the notification (definitely gmail and probably SMS too). Don't care about multiple profiles, location or network based switching of profile. Maybe would use time / day scheduling but really would prefer an app that silences the notification when running and stop it to go back to normal.

Stock Android 4.4.2 on a Nexus 4

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

3. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

That app works and does just what I want.

Even though the name is Seer (Silence Everything Except Ringer) on my Nexus 4 is just silences the Notifications even though the full silence icons appear in the notification area and the volume slider.

It is free with ads but with a widget and a schedule option once its set up there is no need to reopen the app and see the ads.

4. Digital Controller

Digital Controller The Real Bass Creator

Glad we were able to assist you into getting the solution you were looking for :)

Feel free to visit us again if you have any more issues.