• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Ringtone problem with contacts

karacah

Lurker
Mar 23, 2011
I have had my Sprint LG Optimus S since November. I use Handcent and the stock dialer/contact app. Lately my phone has been changing ringtones to "unknown" ringtones and making horrible noises.

Also, some contacts ringtones won't change. It says they are changed but it still plays the wrong song when I receive a call (doesn't happen with all contacts).
Why does this happen and how I can fix it?

Messaging ringtones all work perfectly.

I had the same problem... I've had my phone since February and just recently this started happening, but only with my mom's ringtone (one I made with zedge). I had handcent on my phone at one time but took it off a while ago. Just recently things have really been going downhill with my phone so I did a factory reset and the thing is better (and faster) than new! I selectively added apps back to my phone and it is so much fun again! I believe that there are certain things that just can't be fixed with out a factory reset. I made sure my contacts were backed up and that my pix were all on an sd card.

good luck.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones