1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ringtone problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by hbimajorv, Mar 4, 2011.

1. hbimajorv

hbimajorv Member

So my girl has had this phone like 2 months almost and it has had an mp3 ringtone set for when I call. Its worked fine but now its back to the default tone. Its not an SD issue because I select it as the ringtone and it plays the preview and it can be played through the music player. Any one know how to fix this?

Advertisement

2. hbimajorv

hbimajorv Member

No ideas huh?

3. sonicbluemustang

sonicbluemustang Android Enthusiast

My understanding is that if the ringer is longer that 30 seconds it will be a problem. Are you using ringdroid to create the ringer first?

4. hbimajorv

hbimajorv Member

I was using ringtone editor. but since u said that I did notice the program updated and changed publishers i belive so now the mp3 is back to being the full song. but I have the same phone and some of mine are 45sec. or more.

5. hbimajorv

hbimajorv Member

Still no solution anyone else have this issue?

6. Ma}{imus

Ma}{imus Well-Known Member

I think you'd be surprised that this may in fact be an sd issue. Custom ringtones typically are storedon the sd card. I had issues with mp3 ringtones until I upgraded my sd card to class 4.

7. hbimajorv

hbimajorv Member

I suppose it could because I have an 8gig hers is only 2 but not the stock SD. How could I diagnose it without rooting?

8. Ma}{imus

Ma}{imus Well-Known Member

Swap out the sd card and see if the problem persists.

9. hbimajorv

hbimajorv Member

Lol u would think I wouldst thought of that
    /stupid. I can troubleshoot any PC in the world or build a house from scratch but can't think to swap sd's lol. Thanks Max. I've read ur other post very helpful info as always!

10. hbimajorv

hbimajorv Member

So I swapped her SD for mine and set a ringtone from my card and it still rang as a default phone. I think her phone is just jacked idk

LG Optimus One Forum

The LG Optimus One release date was October 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 3MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

October 2010
Release Date
Reviews