1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ringtone Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by crooker, May 2, 2012.

1. crooker

crooker Lurker
    None

Jun 20, 2011
    --- I posted this in Android MEDIA... but I'll post it here as well, and hopefully someone will be able to help. I've had no luck with the search engine on this forum, so I apologize if this problem has been addressed somewhere else...

I own a Samsung Galaxy Captivate (Rogers) I896. I have the newest available firmware update (that I know about) and am running 2.3.3. It is not rooted (although it was before the last update).

Since I got the phone, I have ALWAYS had problems keeping ringtones active on my phone. I use custom .mp3 ringtones, which I keep stored on the internal memory card "/mnt/sdcard/media/ringtones"

I am also using the Easy Profiles Pro application which changes my profile based on certain criteria.

Everything works fine... but if I reset the phone or reboot.. I ALWAYS lose my ringtone settings (both in Easy Profiles Pro, and the Android system settings). It just forgets what I had set.

It's been almost a year, and It's really starting to grind my gears.

Anyone have any suggestions or ideas how I can finally solve this annoyance? Or am I forever cursed with it?

Advertisement