• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ringtone Request: The Indian Sitar ringtone

how do i install this on my phone...downloaded but won't open or apply. ty

It can be extracted and placed in a folder that you must make and label "ringtones"on your sd card. Once that has been done your phone will read the ringtone. You can also place mp3 files in that folder and they can be used as ringtones too. :D

Reactions: Mayniack
Upvote 0
He needs to check the ID3 tag. If the title is not in the ID3 tag, it won't show up. To do this, either convert the .ogg to an MP3 and use a program like MP3Tag ( mp3tag.com ) and change the ID3 info. Then either leave it as an .mp3 or convert it back to .ogg.

Then he can place it eiter, like Rarewolf said, in the \system\media folder or on the SD-Card into \Media\Music\ringtones

Works perfectly here !

Upvote 0
since he has root he can place it in the systems media folder, no?

Yeah, he could. A ringtone folder is good to have on the sd card though. It's so much easier to add custom ringtones from external sources when you have it. Especially if you like having your favorite songs as ringtones. :D

I have one for my notifications too.

Upvote 0
He needs to check the ID3 tag. If the title is not in the ID3 tag, it won't show up. To do this, either convert the .ogg to an MP3 and use a program like MP3Tag ( mp3tag.com ) and change the ID3 info. Then either leave it as an .mp3 or convert it back to .ogg.

Then he can place it eiter, like Rarewolf said, in the \system\media folder or on the SD-Card into \Media\Music\ringtones

Works perfectly here !

You don't even need to follow the entire Media /music/ringtones file path. A folder simply named ringtones will work.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones