1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ringtone reverting to default

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by GregwGA, Mar 22, 2019.

1. GregwGA

GregwGA Newbie

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. I have downloaded some ringtones that I got from Google Play and set my phone ringtone to one of them. This setting holds for a couple of days, then it inexplicably reverts back to the default. How can I prevent this from occurring.

2. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Make sure you put these Ringtones in a ringtone folder

3. GregwGA

GregwGA Newbie

There several folders on my phone name Ringtone:
    1. Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G930V\Phone\Ringtones
    2. Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G930V\Phone\media\audio\ringtones
    3. Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G930V\Phone\Android\media\com.google.android.talk\Ringtones
    When I go to the app that has the downloaded ringtones and select the one I want, the app places it in the
    Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G930V\Phone\media\audio\ringtones folder. The ringtone also appears in the list of available ringtones that are listed when I go to the phone app | settings | ringtones and keypad tones | ringtones, along with the default ring tone that it always gets changed back to on the stage.

Are you saying to put it in Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G930V\Phone\Ringtones, there is currently nothing in that folder.

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Samsung Galaxy S7 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S7 release date was March 2016. Features and Specs include a 5.1" inch screen, 12MP camera, 4GB RAM, Exynos 8890 Octa processor, and 3000mAh battery.

March 2016
Release Date
Reviews