• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ringtone reverting to default

GregwGA

Mar 14, 2011
I have a Samsung Galaxy S7. I have downloaded some ringtones that I got from Google Play and set my phone ringtone to one of them. This setting holds for a couple of days, then it inexplicably reverts back to the default. How can I prevent this from occurring.

Make sure you put these Ringtones in a ringtone folder

There several folders on my phone name Ringtone:
  1. Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G930V\Phone\Ringtones
  2. Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G930V\Phone\media\audio\ringtones
  3. Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G930V\Phone\Android\media\com.google.android.talk\Ringtones
When I go to the app that has the downloaded ringtones and select the one I want, the app places it in the
Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G930V\Phone\media\audio\ringtones folder. The ringtone also appears in the list of available ringtones that are listed when I go to the phone app | settings | ringtones and keypad tones | ringtones, along with the default ring tone that it always gets changed back to on the stage.

Are you saying to put it in Computer\SAMSUNG-SM-G930V\Phone\Ringtones, there is currently nothing in that folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones