1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ringtone volume decreases after receiving a call.. weird!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by 4ngi3, Aug 29, 2011.

1. 4ngi3

4ngi3 Well-Known Member

My mum and I have SGS2's and my mums phone seems to be acting strangely...

She sets her ringtone volume up to maximum and if i make a test call to her phone it rings at maximum volume. However without touching the phone, if I (or anyone) rings it again, the volume is very low and if you press the volume button on the side you can see that it has defaulted back to low and you have to increase it all the way up again by pressing the up button on the side.

She's missing a lot of calls because of this. I can't figure out what it is thats doing this. Anyone have any ideas on what to try?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. 4ngi3

4ngi3 Well-Known Member

anyone have any ideas at all?

3. nikhin

nikhin Lurker

Hey..were you able to find a solution? I have the exact same problem!

Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated.

4. atmasters

atmasters Android Enthusiast

If you go to settings / Motion what are your settings ? Maybe try turning it off. Are you turning your phone over when calling ?

5. pharvey

pharvey Lurker

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I have an identical problem with my SII, and like others missing several calls. This is nothing to do with motion as the problem can occur whether the phone is in hand, in pocket or at rest on a desk or so.

Any help/advice would be very much appreciated as this is becoming a royal pain in the @rse.

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews