1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Ringtones 2.2

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by SOHurley, Aug 1, 2010.

1. SOHurley

SOHurley Newbie

HTC EVO,

I saw a guide on here that required me to go to media->audio-> create ringtones/notification folders

I put the ringtone I downloaded from myxer.com and it does not show up in settings as a ring tone.

.gcd <--- wtf is that?

That's how my phone downloads it.

MYXER says they can tell what my phone is after I download the first tone, but it still did not update. Is that why I'm not getting .mp3?

Recommendations for better ringtone sites? Myxer is overrated I think. People will post songs that don't match the title I clicked. Poser artists, trying to get their thing out.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Android Enthusiast

just make your own using the ringdroid app, works great!

3. SporkLover

SporkLover Android Enthusiast

You can change .gcd to .mp3.

I just use the Mabilo Ringtones / Sounds App. Do everything right from the phone now.

4. SOHurley

SOHurley Newbie

True story,

Thank you guys.

P.S - What does GCD mean anyway? What does it support?

5. SporkLover

SporkLover Android Enthusiast

Not sure, but that myxxer file format is annoying. I remember when that website used to be much more helpful and awesome.... but that was two iterations before it became myxxer.

6. MyxerSupport

MyxerSupport Lurker

It sounds like we failed to identify your phone model (most likely due to a new firmware update). Please contact us at www.myxer.com/feedback and include your phone number. We would be more than happy to take a closer look at your account and fix it. Sorry for any inconvenience.

HTC EVO 4G Forum

The HTC EVO 4G release date was June 2010. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1500mAh battery.

June 2010
Release Date
Reviews