• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Ringtones and Notification issues

besiderself

Apr 10, 2010
I've looked all over the forums for an answer to this: I thought that I had found help on this somewhere before, but it must have been cleaned out or something, because several search terms have not turned it up.

I have a Droid Eris. I have Zedge. I have a certain notification sound that I downloaded from Zedge. It shows up on the list, but there is apparently no sound associated with the item in the list. I manually downloaded the notification to my phone to see if it would play on the phone at all...and yes, it does. But I can't select it from the music player to be a notification sound...all that lets you set is the main phone ringtone...and I don't want it for that.

I hooked up the phone to my PC and made sure all the files were in their correct and happy places...notifications in notifications folder, ringtones in ringtones folder, zedge in zedge.

Still no go.

Can anyone shed light on why this notification sound will not work?

I'm wondering if I need to uninstall/reinstall zedge?

besiderself

Installed Zedge?? I get ringtones from the all the time, but I've never installed anything.

I download them to a folder on myh PC desktop, verify ID3/MP3 tags, then copy to the appropriate folder on my phone.

To assign Notification sounds (or ringtones) I just got to Settings > Sound & Display > Notification Sound (or Phone Ringtone) No apps required, no memory "wasted"....

Upvote 0
Yes, MOS...I installed the Zedge app from the marketplace to my phone. It's faster and easier than going through the PC, though as I mentioned, I've tried that, too.

UPDATE: I noticed this morning that as I attempted to download another notification/ringtone, zedge is saying that the "download failed".

Anybody able to let me know why the downloads are failing?

I'm not rooted, btw; running on OTA official 2.1

besiderself

Upvote 0
I'm not very tech savy. I'm having this same issue. It started yesterday. There was a notice telling me there was an update for Zedge on my android mobile phone. I updated and shortly thereafter all of my ringtones and notifications were changed. When I tried to put them back it kept telling me there were no ringtones downloaded, but if I went to Download History they were all there. I tried to download all the ones I had before, but everytime I tried, it said download failed. I also uninstalled Zedge and reinstalled it, but to no avail. It is still saying there are no ringtones downloaded and download failed. I also ran my malware and antivirus scans to make sure that wasn't the problem. It came back clean. Could someone PLEASE help me out with this?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones