1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Ringtones and widgets. Help needed.

Discussion in 'Android Help' started by hopken, Apr 3, 2016.

1. hopken

hopken Lurker
    None

Apr 1, 2016
    Male
    Good morning folks. Here’s an update on my ringtone progress. With your help and the nice lady from the library my ringtones are fully functional. I have successfully downloaded several into my “sounds”area and can switch back and forth as desired. Now, I have discovered something interesting. There seems to be two types of ringtone apps. Some of them, show you the ringtones and invite you to make the one of your choosing your default ringtone. If you do that, the ringtone is placed in your ringtone library and available to be switched to your current ringtone. Very easy. I have two ringtone apps that behave that way. For example, I have a really spiffy app consisting of movie themes. It works that way.

On the other hand, I have downloaded some ringtone apps which act completely different. You choose the ringtone of your choice, they do not give you an option to make that ringtone your default but rather, invite you to make a “widget” out of that ringtone. I am capable of making the desired widget but once again am stymied because I have no idea how to load that widget into the ringtone library. So there it sits, on my screen, easy to play by clicking on it but no idea how to make it ring when the phone rings. Nor does that widget ever show up in my ringtone library like all of the others which DO work.

Can someone help this novice?

Thanks a bunch for your help!

Hopken

Advertisement