1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Ringtones Cant be heard.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Ebattilana100, Jan 19, 2010.

1. Ebattilana100

Ebattilana100 Well-Known Member

Jan 18, 2010
    hELLO, i got my nexus one a week ago, ive been trying to fiddle with it and found some cool things.. any ways well i wanted to add a ringtone and i did, but when it came to someone calling me i can barely hear it ring.. its a problem i had with the phone since the beginning , the speaker sucks big time.. has anyone found out how to make the damn thing louder..

Advertisement

2. Nexus1

Nexus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    KS
    Sometimes it depends on where you downloaded the ringtone. I always use ringdroid to create the ringtones and it seems to work great with me. The speakers seem to be fairly loud

3. Ebattilana100

Jan 18, 2010
    I use iTunes to make my ringtones... I'm going to try the app you mentioned

4. kam187

kam187 Well-Known Member

Aug 3, 2009
    UK
    Hmm i noticed even the default ringtones at full volume arent loud enough!

5. System6

System6 Well-Known Member

Jan 8, 2010
    I am an audio engineer by trade and I can say that the output volume on this phone is pretty terrible. Probably one of my only complaints about the build of the device.

I make my own ringtones, have them literally as loud as they can go without distorting, and they are still hard to hear. Even harder when in the pouch/in a pocket. Vibrate seems to work very well on the device and that is honestly the only way I usually know of a call or an alert.

Not anytime soon, but in the near future I might get brave and try replacing the speaker on mine or examining the hardware amp. I know there is a "louder" ringtone for rooted devices, but you risk damaging your speaker by using these apps.

6. Nexus1

Nexus1 Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2010
    KS

Its a great app, lets you create a ringtone on any part of the song you want that is downloaded to the sd card.

7. Ebattilana100

Jan 18, 2010
    Good to know I'm not the only who thinks the speaker is useless... oh mannot to mention when making a phone call

Tags: